Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference

So on the tails of my last post I wanted to write a little about General Conference. It was great but now I have a list (insert ominous music here) of more goals and to-do's. 2 of my favorite talks were by President Uchtdorf (when is he NOT a favorite) and Elder Christofferson. Elder Christofferson talked about time and freedom of choice, how are we spending our time? We've made covenants to consecrate our lives to the church and we'll be accountable for our use of time someday (I'm pretty sure that facebook ranks for me somewhere between Really Poor Use of Time, and Colossal Misuse of Time) It was very inspiring and along with President Uchtdorf's talk on essentials and priorities I'm feeling ready for my post-GC-mini-makeover. I always feel good when I take a look at my life and find places I can tweak and improve. Positive change is always good! "Life" tends to veer us off of our path and general authorities with a good dose of the spirit are very good at pointing out where we've misstepped and how to get back on. I was very glad that President Uchtdorf reminded me of the good, better, best concept. There are lots of good things in life, and we need to make sure that they don't distract us from things that are even better and best. Really good timing for me since I'd just gone off the crazy end with all the projects I was wanting to take on. Do you think that Satan likes to distract us with things that are good? When they keep us from those things which are better and best? You betcha. So the conference talks were wonderful and before undergoing my to do list, I'm going to make sure its prioritized correctly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment