Sunday, September 12, 2010

Needle in a haystack

Hayley has been very mischievous lately. Yesterday I'm sitting on my couch and I lean my head back. My eyes are drawn to this funny marking on my ceiling and suddenly I realize its the letter H. I keep finding random H's around my house! Every possible wall, some even above my curtains and behind doors. There are H's on my dresser, on my fridge, on my washing machine, on my TV screen, and on my sheets. Yes, my sheets AND pillowcase. Now that Hayley has started kindergarten she is growing in her writing abilities and on the wall to my right she has written out her entire name H-a-y-l-e-y. Of course it doesnt look anything like that but I know what it says. She is bewildered when I tell her I KNOW ITS YOU! Well completely unrelated to writing on things, heres my needle in a haystack story. Or rather, pins in a clothes pile. Hayley found my new unopened packet of pins. She opened the package and dumped them into my clean laundry waiting to be folded on my couch. So to find them I began to sort and fold laundry. So while at first I was frustrated I soon became secretly happy that I was getting all my laundry done. Thats a huge plus and a great way to start off the week. So now my laundry pile is in neat stacks and heres more good news. Its a new package right, so I know exactly how many pins I was needing to find. Umm, the bad news? I'm short 6. I would avoid sitting on my couch for a while...

1 comment: